Developing abilities, enriching lives...
Riding for the Disabled Association Australia (RDAA) is a voluntary, nonprofit organisation which provides opportunities for anyone with a disability to enjoy safe, healthy stimulating, therapeutic, horse-related activities in Australia.
RDAA develops ability and enriches lives through
specialised programs and relationships with horses
- is the federated body of 7 autonomous RDA member states and territories in Australia;
- acts as a national body and resource for its member states and territories to access accreditation, education and insurance;
- encourages national links between the 7 affiliated states and territories offering therapeutic riding, driving and equine related activities;
- is actively involved in establishing national policies and standards to ensure excellence in service delivery of RDA programs across the country;
- liaises with Government and industry on national issues;
- leads in equine matters related to therapeutic riding;
- plays a significant role as a member of the Horses in Education and Therapy International (HETI)
- promotes elite athletes at all levels
RDA enables people with disabilities throughout Australia to experience enjoyment, challenge and a sense of achievement through participation in equestrian activities to improve their quality of life, attain personal goals and develop life skills.
RDA develops the abilities of and enriches the lives of people with disabilities through sporting, therapeutic, educational and recreational equestrian activities.
RDA is Excellence. RDA is not always about competition but it always about striving for the best; personally, professionally and practically.
RDA is Inclusive. RDA is a welcoming place where we strive to include all Australians from different backgrounds, genders and abilities.
RDA is Respect. RDA is a safe environment, where individuals are treated with respect and are respectful towards others and the organisation they care about.
RDA is Innovative. RDA is always demonstrating that looking at things differently can change a life; RDA encourages new ways of thinking and doing in every field.
RDA is Community. RDA is made up of many communities, working together towards enriching the lives of people with disabilities locally, nationally and worldwide.